Monday, July 23, 2012

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

You know when you do something you really like for a long time, and then all of a sudden, something happens to makes you lose interest? Reading YA pararomas usually makes me feel happy, but lately, I've been hitting a rut...
...AND THEN I READ POSION STUDY.


There were just so many things that were right about Poison Study. I would list them all, but I can't compare this to all the recent YA's [though evil Mollie is totes doing so while good Mollie is writing this review] because it was published way before Twilight even came on the scene. 
Still, the romance was the most refreshing part of this. I mean, I can talk about how awesome Yelena was, or how awesome Ms. Snyder is for drawing out her plot so slowly that it took FOREVER to find out Yelena's backstory. And so on, etc., etc. But Ms. Snyder managed to use only about 10% [and I seriously want to say even less than that] of the book on the Yelena y Valek love, and it still made the biggest impression on me. It was the most natural, wonderful thing. They simply stated their love, which GASP for that ever happening ever in YAP, and then they beat the bad guys. Valek obviously loved Yelena so much, because only true love allows you to let go of the one you love so that they can go on their own personal quest.
AND THERE WAS NO MOPING WHATSOEVER. 
Ridiculously refreshing, like an Orangina after you've been tubing in the Rio Grande all day and haven't had a soda in two months. 

Poison Study gets my sea salt dark chocolate caramel award for deliciously wonderful writing, characters, and plot. I highly suggest to GO READ THIS RIGHT NOW. :] 
<3

1 comments :

Unknown said...

I just want to let you know that I have nominated you for Liebster Blog Award!

Read here: http://classymebooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/classy-me-books-won-liebster-blog-award.html

Copyright © 2015 Bookdictive Reviews